Friday, August 20, 2010

Why is Twilight so darn popular among teenage girls?

This novel lacks a plot, its characters are shallow and boring, and the style of writing is around middle school level.





I got half way through it and it was a pile of crap. I'm sorry. I tried to read the rest but I just couldn't put myself through it. It lowered my I.Q a little, I think.





Is it because there is a hot guy in there or something that falls head over heels for an ordinary girl? What's the deal?Why is Twilight so darn popular among teenage girls?
Dear ????,





If you want to copy and paste other people's words, please ask their permission first, or at least state that they are not your own words.





But since the first sentence is my own writing, I can hardly disagree now... ;)Why is Twilight so darn popular among teenage girls?
I think girls like the idea of putting themselves in Bella's shoes, where a handsome 'prince' falls head over heels for you. Add to that heaps of other guys, a near death experience (which she is saved from by Edward), romance and heaps of friends, you pretty much have an ultimate character. It is also something that appeals to a big age group, and something you can talk about with friends. I personally like the series but I know that not everyone does!
Your question is one that has been asked before.


My (unsophisticated and somewhat gross) answer is this: Twilight is a zit on the beautiful face of literature. It is ugly, but it's big, and it draws ton of attention from those who are too shallow to look at the overall picture. Within it is good, but it's nearly impossible to get around the bad (which you've mentioned) to see it.
Your guess is as good as mine.


Every time I've asked a girl why they're like, ';Because Edward Cullen is sooooo hot!';


I read the books to try to understand, but you never even get a sense of what Edward actually looks like. The one character with any substance in the series was Jacob Black, and even he was mutilated by the end.
Okay I get what you mean, and I can see your point. Don't read it then, it was meant for middle school girls. I liked it because I'm obviously a middle school girl, but to defend my case I have read a bunch of classics. I've read Jane eyre, Pride and Prejudice, Wuthering Heights. I think your blowing this way overboard. It's not even that bad. It's just not something you read to stimulate your mind.
twilight is a romance book. and the guy is a vampire. there is more than one book. i have heard so many people talking about it! and i havnt even read it! anyway its just a vampire romance book. also there is a movie coming out about twilight in a couple of month
I KNOWWW right? i read the first book because i heard so many good comments on it, but it didnt impress. teenage girls just like what everyone else likes i suppose. like the jonas brothers. barf.
  • oily skin blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment