Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Why does my teenage daughter lie to me so much?

She is 14, she lies to me all the time, for example, she told me her grades were all B's and C's. Then she ';forgot'; to bring home her report card, so I went to the school and she has all D's and F's. She rarely gets away with her lies, and I don't know why she does it or what to do about it.Why does my teenage daughter lie to me so much?
why??? lets see shes a teenager!





People that can't understnad why a teenager will lie about a report card having all Ds and F's shouldn't be a parent!





What is with Parents these days?





Next you will ask----why did my daughter get pregant after I let her bf move in with us-----come on commen sense people!Why does my teenage daughter lie to me so much?
The lie's are probably to get extra attention.. Stay on her and show her that you will not reward her for them. Start taking away the things she enjoys and love when you catch her in one. Are do as my mother did, use a good nasty bar of soap and wash her mouth out everytime.. That works....
Thats what all teenagers do. She will stop sooner or later.
FOR DAMIN SHAKE WAT YOU THINK !!! SHEZ 14!! WHO WANNA PROUDLY PRONOUCE TO THEIR MOMS ..............I GOT F'S ON MY REPORT CARD!!! SO WAT I GET 4 THAT???
I really do not know. My son will tell the truth no matter what the consequences but my daughter will risk all to tell a lie. Seems like it is a girl thing. Both are teenagers.
confront her about them and dont do sh!t for her(buy clothes, music, take her to friends) unless it has to do with school. chances are you in't spank her enough as a child and now you have to find equvelent punishments like taking away things that mean something to her. if she asks why take out a book with a list of all the lies shes told.
The keyword here is: teenager. You are an adult therefore you cant be trusted, it's a rule of thumb. Try reassuring her that you can be her friend as well as her mom!
yikes, well when i was 14ish i didnt tell my folks everything or just a little but for any kid to lie about grades is normal but there is a reason she is getting d's and f's i would ask her but dont confront her about and yell take her to dinner or just sit her down and your self and just talk to her. theres something else going on maybe a boy, drugs or she has problems in school with friends or has a learning disablity. if shes lieing bout other things theres definity something going on in her life that she doesnt want you to know about. talk thats all i can say you cant beat it out of her but if you think its a boy she will talk to you if you think its drugs give her a drug test. good luck
you are too hard on her when she gets lower grades so she lies to avoid getting into trouble. my dad was the same with me and i lied about everything school related including what i had for homework or weather or not it was done. he used to get so mad over things like that so i never told the truth about them.





aside from that i was always a pretty honest kid.
maybe u need to talk to her. Tell her lieing is wrong, and that u will stil love her and support her even when she makes wrong choices or life isn't going as good as she wished . tell ehr u love her and plz not to lie. Say I will support u and love u and don't worry just tell me the truth k? Tha nks BYe!!
she wouldnt be a ';teenager'; if she told the truth lol
she lies to cover things or she lies because she does not want you to know that she did wrong
when she lies to you about her grades, she fears that you'll scold her for scoring badly.





but if she lies to you of whom she goes out with, perhaps you should ask her sister (or some cousin around her age) to mix with her friends as well. this way, she will not be brought astray as easily.





if she lies to you that she is going to school but instead heads for shopping centres with her decent friends, you should allow her to do so, but set restrictions (eg. can only go out a certain number of times per wk).





we really have to be patient with teens.
shes probably is scared she going to get into trouble
she doesnt want to disapoint you or get into trouble. its just the way we are. teenagers dont think before we do something bad and we relize the consenquences after we do something bad
  • oily skin blackheads
  • printer cartridge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment