Tuesday, August 24, 2010

What are your CHEAP room redo ideas for a teenage girl's room?

My brother just moved out and I'm taking over his room. I need mirror ideas, color schemes, themes, cheap artsy makeovers of single items. Any ideas welcome, just go for it. I considered Twillight theme, but it's way too costly for my budget.What are your CHEAP room redo ideas for a teenage girl's room?
You can hot glue flat decorative stones around a mirror (river rock or the vase filler stones, you can find at target or craft stores). You can use ribbon or trim to enhance a lamp shade. You can make a no sew accent pillow http://www.craftbits.com/viewProject.do?鈥?/a>


take a paint marker, or even a sharpie, and in your best script writing, you can write quotes from the movie Twilight onto the wall, or on your closet doors. Look at the pics on the left side of this website for color scheme ideas http://www.craftbits.com/viewProject.do?鈥?/a>


You can also make a beaded curtain, and hang it between two curtain panels on a window for a pretty effect. Use glass or clear beads to reflect the light. Look here to get inspiration http://www.shopwildthings.com/?gclid=CJb鈥?/a>


They can be made very glamorous, and don't have to look like a 70s love nest. You can also get cheap sheer fabric and make a mosquito net for your bed.What are your CHEAP room redo ideas for a teenage girl's room?
They have cute scrapbook boxes at AC Moore ( www.acmoore.com) and you can stuff almost anything in them. I have about 4 and they're helpful and come in a variety of colors. I always think a painting or 2 make a room look nice. You can also find some removable wall stickers at most art stores, but I'm not so sure about the price.





For the furniture, pick a color you like and make sure they contrast. Like, don't pick dark brown furniture with a gray comforter. And don't make they contrast way too much. there is also this website I bought stuff from to decorate my room, they're kind of pricey for what you're aking for, but there are some cool things there: www. pbteen.com





Hope I helped! =)
What color are the walls? That may help. Paint is the biggest changer for a room ( I believe) So if the color doesn't ';go'; with what you want, then make that your biggest expenditure. Now, I know what you mean by Twilight, but it gave me another idea......ask your parents if they have any extra christmas lights (clear ones) use them either strung though curtain rods, or behind a 'screen' made with an old (but clean) bed sheet.....you could even dye the sheet. Maybe paint stars on the ceiling (glow in the dark paint would be cool) I'm thinking 'twinkling stars' theme.


And ARTWORK! By some canvas' at walmart, or your local arts/craft store. If you aren't particularly artsy, just do something abstract. Have fun, that's what matters the most, and put your stamp on it! :)


Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment