Sunday, August 22, 2010

What is the best incentive to get a teenage boy to study?

he is more interested in mp3 players ,movies and all other teenage stuff yet his final exams are just around the corner in eed toget some discipline into himWhat is the best incentive to get a teenage boy to study?
“incentive for studying” is not a good idea, especially giving money and bribing him to study. Maybe you should show him the concequences!!!What is the best incentive to get a teenage boy to study?
Basically sanctions are required I refused to revise etc when I was younger/ When I came home my father had cut all the plugs off every electrical appliace in my room. Bit drastic but it worked he also beat me I would'nt advise that as it led to me becoming a bit violent and I put one lad at school in hospital with a shattered eye socket and broken nose.





Take his stuff away from him and dont give it him back till after the exams if he still doesnt revise sell it on ebay.
i gave my teen the driving act.


an a average gets a car


a b average drives my car


a c average drives dads p.o.s


a d takes the bus
you can beat him to obey
money!
A teenage girl that gets a little more naked when he gets the answers right!!! hahahahahaha j/k





Take away his mp3 player and tell him he can have it back when he has PASSED his finals.
A sexy tutor.
My parents bribed me, and it worked swimmingly. 20 dollars per A for every half (better than for the whole year because then it seems too far away to worry about). By the end of the second year I was on the honor roll.
You can give him incientives for better grades and not just study.


The good incentives can be a worthy one for him deserving. This can be expensive too coz he will have to put in hard work for good grades and not one given for a two or three hours of study.





May be a bicycle yah or even a car.........
money or freedom
when i was in elementary, i got a gameboy, playstation, pc, walkman, discman for being the top of my class.





in high school, i got my vacation tripS...





i am working my way to get my car. the deal is if i make it to the dean's list, i get my car. if not, try again next semester.
Hi,





He has to earn his mp3 usage, movies and all other teenage stuff by doing adequate study. Explain to him, he has brought this on himself by his failure to be responsible and do it on his own, consequently, he leaves you no choice, . . . .no study, no social life.





Tell him in life, you input nothing, . . . .you get nothing in return.


Because you love him, you have no other choice than to put the study in exchange for social life into effect.





If he still does not see the light, then it's grounded to his room till he decides to comply. Bathroom and eating privileges only. Explain to him, he brought it on himself.





There will be a certain amount of embarrassment factor involved, when he has to tell his friends he cannot be with them because he refuses to study.





As you know, it's called tough love, or a valuable lesson in life.





A little incentive for yourself, failure to implement the above and enforce it will make you an enabler for him to be a failure in life.





Darryl S.
That discipline should already have been in place. You can take his games and equipment from him and tell him that he can have them back when he studies and passes the questions that you will ask him. Also tell him when he turns 18 he will have to leave if he isn't doing his school work and will not graduate. If all else fails take him out of school at 16, let him take his GED and make him get a job and after the results come back sign him up for the military. I suggest the Navy.

No comments:

Post a Comment