Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Does childhood and teenage abuse allow you to look at the world differently?

im doing a research paper specifically on this topic. I am needing to stay in a close range of the topic, because it can go off in different directions, as in do they love differently, are they more prone to being divorced, or abusive themselves. i was abused, so i have an idea myself, but i just need some sort of input to help me out along the lines.Does childhood and teenage abuse allow you to look at the world differently?
Childhood/teen aged abuse does not cause someone to become abusive.





It does have an effect on relationships with regard to the ability or inability to trust and be vulnerable.





It does have an effect on being a judge of character - who is harmful and who is not. You won't notice what seems normal.





If it were me, I'd work with the latter and find people who grew up in abusive situations and ask about the character traits that were most important when looking for a spouse. Compare their results with people who did not grow up in abusive situations.Does childhood and teenage abuse allow you to look at the world differently?
I think it forces us to see the world differently. We don't feel ';safe'; in the world like other people do. The people that were supposed to make us feel safe hurt us instead.


But ultimatly there are two options... Either you are a victim of abuse or you are a survivor of abuse.


Victims blame their problems on past abuse...Survivors learn what they can from the experience and don't let it have enough power to continue to hurt them. And it really is a choice that we make.


Good luck!!
Everything that happens in your life plays some part in your present and future.


Abuse , no abuse,rough teen experience, and adult abuse.


I have been shaped and molded by my personal experiences, forgiveness and reprogramming has changed my outlook alot.


I still struggle a great deal, but i make a point to not live with a victim mentality.


I constantly and not always consistantly manage my inner negative self talk,... i will work on that always.


I am 33 . It is all a choice what we hold on to.


Doesn't make the pain not ache or go away but it's managable with self love and patience.


kristin in ok
i believe that the way you were raised has a trumendous influence on a human beings life span. i grew up w/ alcoholics %26amp; that was trumatic within itself. so yeah i bet if i grew up in the brady bunch life would be different through my eyes. with a rough neck mantality i look out for numeral uno. if i dont take care of me nobody else is going to. survival of the fittest. eye for an eye. take no sh.. thats what i learned while growin up.

No comments:

Post a Comment