Thursday, July 29, 2010

What would you say if your teenage daughter came home pregnant?

I'm not in the sitituation myself, but...What would you say if your teenage daughter came home pregnant?
Stay calm. Stay calm. Stay calm.





If she chooses to have the child, support her so she can finish school, go to college, etc.





Don't moralize (well, at least not too much..) - she's already learned the lesson.





She's still your daughter, no matter what.





If she chooses to have a safe abortion, go with her and do not get emotional.





That's what I'd do, I guess. But I do hope never to be in that situation. I'd teach her about birth control and safe sex, certainly.What would you say if your teenage daughter came home pregnant?
My first words would probably be ';Oh my goodness';...
i am 19 and i had gotten pregnant at 15. i was very scared to tel my parents and it was so hard for me i thought they would hate me... i went to my boy freind house while i had my sister ttell them while i was gone.. they came and picked me up and just hugged me and creid saying that they would never hate me.. things happen and they will always be here for me.. i neverthought they would of understood i am so happy my parents are here for me... i dont kno what i would of done with out them i was to young for a child but they helped me all the wat through it nowi have a great son i love him to death and would never go back and not have him! its great having parents that understand....
It would be hard but they are in the situation. I would want to help them as much as possible because I want them to stay in school and I know I would be upset but I also know I want to support them. My child is going to be my child just as would I my grandchild. I would help, but I could not make the child my own because they would need to know I am hoping my children will learn from us, but I know that in this society there are alot more pregnant teens so it could be a reality. I have awhile before even thinking about that and am having a boy. If it was my son in this situation I would tell him to step up to his responsibility because that baby will need a father in his life. I hope it doesn't come to that but I would support her the best we could. It's scary to think it could happen but I hope I would be supportive because it doesn't help saying she/he should have gotten on birth control or used a condom. But I hope I tell them why and they can come to me. I also hope I would have told them the consequences that could happen before the fact.
I'm very disappointed in you
At first I would probably panic but afterwards I would make sure she knew that I would do anything she ever needed to help her and her baby even if it meant adopting it and raising it as my own.
IF i found out my teenager daughter is pregnant.. I would ask who the father.. And talk to her no point of being mad mother.. And ask her what she wanted to do and i am against abortion so i would let her do the adopt after giving birth or Let her handle her responbile for her mistake.. and explain to her that i am there for her and that she need to understand what she did.. and depend how stict the family is too.. Some parents doesn't teach they kid at the young age to use a condom.. it become mistake.. (some parents will kick they kids out...) but i would not do that... But i believe on being stict with my kids about that...
';What the hell is wrong with you?!!'; That would be the exact phrase that would come out of my mouth. That may sound bad but I will in no way approve of my daughter having sex untill she is out of my house. I will let her know if she is dumb enough to be having sex then she better be smart enough to use some birth control and condoms. I dont want her coming home with an STD either and if shes pregnant she has not been using protection. I would be very supportive of her and abortion would not be an option for the simple fact she would be to young unless she was like 19 to make such a large desision. Adoption would be a choice for her whether it be adopted to me or someone we dont know that would be up to her. After the shock wore off I would talk to her and not condemn her but be gentle with her because she is mt child and she would need all the love and support of her mother at this point in her life.
';What the F*ck happened??';





Oh..maybe I should think that one over a bit.....
How long have you known?


Who is the father?


Have you told him?


If yes, how did he react?


What do you think you should do?


What do you want to do?


Have you been to a doctor yet?


You have done something that will be changing your life completely, but


I love you and will help you and the baby in any way that I can.
I can not know exactly what I would do unless I was there. I hope that I will teach her well enough for it not to happen, but if it does, it will be too complicated to answer here. It depends so much of the circumstances...





No matter what though, I am on her side and want the best for her.
I don't know, since I don't have children, but I'd want to say that since she wasn't responsible enough to have unprotected sex, then she wouldn't be responsible enough to take care of a child. I would force her to give it up for adoption if she were under 18 when the child was born. The child should have a chance at a real family and future instead of being the child of a careless teenager. If she were over 18, I would tell her that if she wants to play grown-up and have a baby, then she can keep her baby in her own house where she pays her own bills.
I would support her not attack her. She needs someone their for her... family sticks together. That is our family motto
I would be disappointed in her that she wasn't careful, but I would support her and her decision (to keep it, or not) and let her know that some times we are too young to handle things, so we wait until we are older.


I also know from personal experiance, that my mom sat me down when I was 14 and really told me about sex and pregnancy and I decided to wait to have sex until I was older so when I did at 20, I was more mentally mature and would have been able to handle a situation like that. I think that if you talk to your children and really tell them what it would be like to have kids when they are kids, we would have less teen pregnancy.
I would play Shania Twain ';I Ain't Going Down';...





I had a baby at fifteen


Daddy never did forgive me


I never heard from the guy again


I had to drop outta high school


Everybody treated me so cruel


But I didn't give in and give her away





I'm gonna hold on


'Cause what I believe in is so strong


No matter how long, no one


Can tell me I'm wrong--I ain't goin' down





Her smile got me through the day and every night I'd pray


I could give her enough


At night I'd lie awake and cry hopin' we'd get by


'Cause you can't live on love





I worked night and day to keep us goin'


Through the sweat and tears without her knowin'


It was worth it just to watch her grow


Oh, oh, at least I was able to hold her


Whenever she needed my shoulder


I'm so glad I never let her go





I'm gonna hold on


'Cause what I believe in is so strong


No matter how long, no one


Can tell me I'm wrong--I ain't goin' down





Then I'd give her a big hug and tell her we'll get through it together.
I would tell her I love you and that i understood that she is not a bad person. and that I will be there for her. I can tell you this from the out look of a preg. teen. I was 16 years old when I had my son and this year he grad. college at the top of class. He has been the joy of my life it's not always easy but it's worth it all. I have three children now. we never know why somethings happen but I know they happen for a reason. Love your children always and you will have a beautiful life.
Nothing and the next morning ask her what her plans are.
well, since i am a teenager, when i get older, if my daughter came home and she was my age and she was pregnant, i don't know what i would say.


but i know that i would still love her, and i would help her, and i would help the baby.


i would have to tell her that her life is basically over, because i know if i HAD a kid right now, there is no way i would have time for a social life!
i would panic but not 2 the point of explotion so just talk 2 her and ask her what she wants 2 do b/c its her body and she has the right 2 decide if she keeps it or not
If she was 18 or younger then i would be telling her to have an abortion and if she didn't then she can move out of my house and play house on her own.
I was 17. My mother said ';are you stupid?? why didnt you take care of yourself?'; now she absolutely loves my son!!
well i'm sure she'd feel pretty crappy so don't explode or anything. even if you were in the situation, you'd let her know that you still love her and support in every possible way.
I would say, ';I love you.'; Then, I would talk with her about having an abortion, having the baby and giving it up for adoption, and keeping the baby. We would decide, together, what would be best for her and our family. I have my own opinion, but I would leave it to her.
If my daughter were a teen ager and she came home telling me she was pregnant I would ask her what she planned to do.
Do not TELL her what shes gonna do with the baby...Shell end up doing the exact opposite!!!and saying ';go get a coat hanger'; is horrible!!!How could anyone even thikn about saying that!!!Imagine just finding out that you just made probly the biggest mistake in ur life by the worse guy possible and are more afraid of hurting your parents!!! Dont tell them something like that...you have a right 2 be beyond upset but dont throw a huge fit!! Talk to her about ALL the choices she has, ask her how she feels, tell her how YOU feel and ask her why she did what she did!!!! If you TELL her what she is going to do with HER baby then shes gonna do the exact opposite and probly something even more stupid!!!By you yelling at her its not going to chnage what happend. You have to think b4 u start yelling ';what the hells wrong with you!!'; Just because you diapprove of ur doughter having sex does not mean its not going to happen!!!The more you threaten her the more shes gonna do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Im a teen, most call me mature and im just telling you what as a 16 year old what i would do as a pregnant teen and the mother!!!
@#$%! $#%#@!


*%26amp;*%26amp;%##$@#*!


#$#%%^$%26amp;*%#$$##$!


then I would get up off the floor and get on with my life.
';This is what you get for spreading your legs';
I'll get the saw.
holy ****..i didnt know i had a daughter...
To get a good night's sleep as she is getting an abortion tomorrow.
Id say ';honey, go get me a coat hanger';

No comments:

Post a Comment