Thursday, July 29, 2010

Teenage girls - How would you react to this?

My sister is 17 years old, and she has (or had) loads of teddies, my aunt came down to our house one day and told her she was too old for them and said that at her age she should be wearing make up and packed up all my sister's teddies, china dolls and disney films and put them in the attic and told her if she ever got them down she would put them in the bin.Teenage girls - How would you react to this?
That's horrible!!! Just because she still likes Disney doesn't mean there's anything wrong with her. I still love Disney and I'm 15. Some of the best movies ever made are created by Disney. I still also have a lot of my stuffed animals from when I was younger. I relied on some of them for a lot of things. My one bear got me through whenever I was sick, or had any problems, even my parents divorce when I was 9. Sometimes you just need to feel like a kid, so you snuggle up with a blankie, grab your teddy bear, and put in a Classic Disney!Teenage girls - How would you react to this?
I like cute things (I own a few Helly Kitty t-shirts and a few Disney themed socks for example, I love video games, and I still watch cartoons/anime), and I'm probably one of the most mature teen girls you'll meet. I've had discussions with people who honestly feel like they're talking to another adult and not a kid when they talk to me. I'm also at the top of my class (I have a pretty long streak of perfect grades on everything, including test scores, for example), looking at Ivy League universities in the future, have a high IQ, and always dress nice when I go out somewhere (even to school). Your aunt is being ridiculous, to be honest. There is nothing wrong with someone liking to collect cute things.





Now, if she was having a back and forth conversation with them, telling you what they ';said';, trying to get your family to set an extra place at the table for each of them, and treating them like they were real people, I could understand. But if she's just collecting them, it's perfectly normal. Some people collect coins, some collect bottle tops, some collect stamps, and I know a guy who collects candy. Your sister could make some good money off of her collection some day.
Tell your aunt to stick it where the sun don't shine! Seriously, she should accept your sister for who she is and not be in a rush for her to grow up. I'm 14 and I still have a bunch of stuffed animals and all of my disney movies, but I also wear make-up and act pretty mature for my age.
OMG This is not on!!


What gives your aunt the right to decide what your sister can/cannot enjoy?


Even a parent can't expect their 17 year old to suddenly detatch themselves from all the things they have grown up with %26amp; enjoyed so far in life.


I personally would go to the aunts house %26amp; pack up her favourite things then take them all to a charity shop!!
Im 17 2 and i still have my teddys in my room...thats just crazy your never to old for tedies and disney films like there just classical...i mean my big sister my mother and all my friends still have teddies.. your aunts completely out of order...theres no age on teddies or disney films..yea she can wear make up etc and still have teddies and disney films..if you are the big brother you should say something to your aunt..if it was me id have told her were to go.
I would be a bit miffed i mean maybe your sister likes having her cuddlies arond the bed. I would be a bit upset if someone said that to me. Mind you im 27 and i have a few teddies on my bed. I actually enjoy watching disney films as well. Im just a big kid at heart. I would never change my ways for anyone. So there is no way fudge baz archie and the gang are leaving my house anytime soon. ( yes i know i name my teddies and im proud of it)
I'd think that was awful! Its nothing to do with your aunt, tell your sister she can do what she likes and tell your parents too. If she tries it again, stand up for her.


I mean, just because your sister keeps hold of some of her childhood things doesn't mean she's immature, maybe they're just special to her! I'm 15, and there's so much stuff from my childhood that I wished I had kept!
she shud really tell her aunt that no matter how old a person is, there's alwaiz a child in him/her. those things define who she is, and that they shud not be taken away. there's nothing wrong with owning teddies and stuff. and make up? that really depends on the person. not all teenagers are into make up, it really depends on the type of person.





she shud be who she is.
I would be enraged. If it were me, I would get my teddies and movies and hide them for a few days in the room, then wear makeup like a whore (at least when in the house). Maybe it would put things into perspective for this aunt of yours.
I would be upset if my mother ever did that. I would honestly go up to the attic, bring them down, and hide them from my aunt. You are NEVER to old to have a stuffed animals, watch disney films, and have dolls around.
I would the her to STFU.





They're MY teddies not HERS! Oh wait... Your *Sisters* teddies *Giggles nervously*








Your sister can do what she wants. They are HER teddies! Her aunt can't tell her what to like and what not to like.











:]
That's ignorant and unfair. They aren't your aunt's possessions and it's not your aunt's life; she has no right to do that.





I would tell my aunt to screw off and that it isn't her life to dictate.
You said your aunt did this. Where was your mother when this happened?





Your aunt crossed the line, between relative and, parent.
Well i'm 12 (almost 13) and I LOVE my teddies, they help me sleep too. + i'm an animal lover so I LOVE toy animals. Even my older brother and i still like disney movies.
I'd be pissed. Having all that stuff is perfectly fine and normal for someone of ANY age. Your aunt has no right to do that.
That's shocking!


I'd go nuts if someone did that with my stuff!


But she's 17 - she can make her own decisions %26amp; should be able to stand up to her aunt.
well i'm not a teenager anymore and dont have any teddies but i love disney films so i would go crazy!
I would be mad.Even if she did love all those things,it's honestly none of the aunts business!I would get them down and never let her touch my stuff.
anything but disney!! ( classic disney, not hannah montana and those new disney)
yo ida went the hell off. thats ur sisters stuff and not ur aunts!
Oh My God!





I still have teddies and i'm 17!





if my aunt did that to me....
Yeah, in my opinion, she acts different from other typical teens. I don't want to offend you, but I think ages 10+ girls start to set aside toys (in our family).





She should visit a psychologist, maybe there's something wrong.


I don't say she's crazy, maybe she has trauma or breakdown...

No comments:

Post a Comment