Thursday, July 29, 2010

What is up with all the teenage pregnancies?

Are parents teaching their kids about the Consequences of having sex? What are your thoughts?What is up with all the teenage pregnancies?
I think that sexual education is not good enough because they only talk about what happens; they never talk about what age is appropriate and stuff like that.





Also, it's mainly television and movies. Have you seen the Pussycat Doll show? It's horrible!





All of these shows, such as the Pusscat Dolls, are teaching young girls that it's okay to be sexual like that at any age and that sex is okay because ';well they're doing it!';





I had a lot of friends who had sex (most of them are pregnant or are gone because they had the baby) and they regret it a lot. I will never have sex until I know that I am ready for it (which will not be for a long time), I will never be like them.





So, yeah, I think it's parents, television, peer pressure, and lack of sexual education.What is up with all the teenage pregnancies?
I know. I dont know what people are thinking these days. I truly think they just want to ruin their lives. Because once you have these kids its not like you can jsut turn around and have your life back. I mean you have to take care of the kid. It pretty much kills your high school and college career.








:]
I think maybe that there really arent THAT many teenage pregancies, there were way more back before they started teaching safes-sex practices in school. Nowadays people are just more frank about it, and talking about it more, so it seems like there really is alot. At my school though, we have at the most only 1 girl a year who's pregnant. that we know about anyway. And these are the kinds of kids who are gonna have sex no matter WHAT the school or their parents teach.
well i would say it starts with mom%26amp;dad, they never beleave in talking sex with the kids, so the kids hang out, and do what come natuarl, if they had been upgrated by the parents, and the bad things that come alone after the few moments of fun, itys a shame, come on mom and dad, talk to these young kids, birds and bees
Teen pregnancy rates are actually lower than they were in the 50s, 60s, and 70s. It's just the media and the fact that we talk about it now.





Back then they hid it.
Kids are stupid now days.They think its so cool to have sex but then 9 months later when they are giving birth they finally become educated.
I think it's the television. I've seen a lot of very innopropriate shows on there before. I also think that parents aren't really watching their kids when it comes to television because my little sister is only 9 and watches Family Guy.
I think it's peer pressure. When I was in high school, there were so many teenage pregnancies....more than today (from what I've seen). Perhaps it is the parents fault, but I think that kids are allowed to do whatever they want nowadays because I had so many restrictions on me back then and kids today just do whatever. For example, if a student in my school got caught littering, they would get a fine, but now there is no fine. People just don't care anymore.
Kids are just not careful. Society is not as restricting on sex as it used to be. It's out there everywhere. I don't know whether to blame parents or not. My parents let me do pretty much whatever I wanted but I did not get pregnant in high school. My best friends parents kept a tight leash on her but she wound up having a baby due to a one night stand. I guess there is no answer. Start giving these kids some contraceptives if they arent going to use better judgement!
frankly i think a lot of parents just think kids will do what they will do, so they don't tell them not to or that they should wait!





basically i think people don't understand that a teenager can have a brain and use it.





i think parents are falling down on the job a lot, obviously not all of them, but a great deal of them!
this is all i have to say ... every family is diffrent soo let them do there own thing but yes i do agree with you what IS with all the pregnacies? and is the parents are teaching ther kids about sex late or early then they must have reason! i mean give them a break
yes. they know what happens and all. but however, the people who do it, dont really think about all that, until after the 9months..so i dont really know..
I think schools should not only teach abstinence-only since thats obviously not working.
I guess kids just love sex!
Ultimately the responsibility for educating children falls on parents' shoulders.





A lot of parents these days seem to think that it's somebody else's job to fill in the blanks that they are too afraid to talk about.





These people often end up as grandparents.





FP
Quite a number of factors play in. Parents are too scared to teach their kids about sex and the consequences. There are no morals in the time we're living in. Adults don't practice self-control, so kids figure ';why should I?';. Lots of people blame the school systems for not teaching sex ed anymore, but those teachings should start in the home.
Look i've had the talk i've even had the baby think it over...sometimes it doesnt help..my grandparents say stuff all the time..my mother even mentioned how she doesnt want a grandbaby....U don't always know the situation...Sometimes you just dont think clearly because you either are or think you are in love with a guy..You do stupid things without even caring what you were taught...Im seventeen and for my boyfriend and I of a year and a half we are 4.0 students and we were just curious..some teens are curious and dont think at the moment what the curiosity can cost...Im 17 and im almost 4 months along... I can't change things and i am still college bound a dentist is paying my tuition for following his footsteps...not everyone is as lucky as me..but no one should give up if they have the misfortune of being a teen mom..the only thing stopping them is themselves...if they give up they they already lost.
Everybody thinks ';it won't happen to me.'; Really bad mentality, girls!
Parents aren't being parents anymore. They are to busy working all day and don't have time to spend with their children when they come home from work. Instead of being the parents like they are supposed to be the parents act like their kids friend. The kids don't think they can get pregnant on the first time they lose their virginity and they think that they can't get AIDS the first time either. They think that they are invincible and that nothing bad will happen to them. They think that taking care of a baby is the coolest thing to do and then when the baby is born 9 months later if they don't kill it first that is then they pass it off on their parents to take care of because they don't want to lose their ';social life'; and lose all their friends. They think taking care of a baby is a piece of cake and think that it's the only way to get a guy to like them is to have sex.
most parents do educate their children about sex.. but i also do know some kids at my highschool that have unprotected sex because they don't know better.. and they don't really care. but for the most part i think kids are aware of the consequenses.. but they just don't make the right choices.
Sex education classes just encourage kids to have sex, and ';contraception'; lures them into a false sense of security.

No comments:

Post a Comment