Wednesday, November 23, 2011

What colors should a teenage room be painted?

Im getting a new room but I can't decide what color to paint it I'm thinking between a purple or blue but I can't decide on which shade What colors should a teenage room be painted?
Do you have any other furnishings to pick a color off of?





If you already have bedding, a rug, a chair, artwork, etc. Borrow a paint chart, or bring it or a swatch to the paint store.





Is your teenager a girl or boy? Purple is more geared for a girls room and blue for a boy.





Blues come in 100s of shades from cool aqua, to warmer gray-ish blues. Purple may be a little more limiting.





Its your choice, I'm not a huge purple fan (I live in Minnesota and have seen an overkill on purple because of Prince %26amp; the Vikings)What colors should a teenage room be painted?



when re-decorating home, bedroom or any other room, always try to choose colors according to feng shui. in this case you will activate powers of 5 elements (water, earth, metal, wood and fire) and support all your lucky ';areas'; - this will attract love, romance, wealth, money, prosperity, luck etc etc





color ideas: http://fengshuicolors.info/blog/





color guide by compass direction: http://www.traditional-fengshui.com/feng鈥?/a>





bedroom ideas and tips http://fengshui.traditional-fengshui.com鈥?/a>
If your new room is small, I would go with a lighter shade of purple or blue because dark colors make rooms seem smaller. If you have a pretty big sized room, you could probably get away with a darker shade. I just finished painting my room dark purple, black, and white stripes, so I know what your feeling.
My daughter is 13 and her room has 3 soft orange walls and 1 pink wall. It matches her sheets and stuff. The trim is called Black Fox and it makes the room look more grown-up instead of looking like a little kid's room.

No comments:

Post a Comment