Wednesday, November 23, 2011

How would YOU react if YOU were to find YOUR teenage child first thing in the morning covered in?

his own puke due to a drinking binge he had the night previous?














*Strictly fictional question.How would YOU react if YOU were to find YOUR teenage child first thing in the morning covered in?
I would help clean up my fictional child and find out what happened.How would YOU react if YOU were to find YOUR teenage child first thing in the morning covered in?
I was the teenager in this situation once when I was younger. Only not only was there puke all over everything, there was also inexplicable bowel movements. I had no recollection of anything that had happened, or how I even got in my room. I was sleeping on the floor with my blankets on me, and everything was covered in nastiness. My stepdad came in and saw this. He told my mom. They didn't even do anything - they were just shocked, and I was shocked too because I didn't remember doing any of that.
The fact is, kids are hitting the bottle in greater numbers these days, enough to cause the Surgeon General to issue a report last year warning parents about alcohol consumption among minors. According to the study, there are 11 million underage drinkers in the U.S., and 7.2 million of those teens and pre-teens are binge drinking. The reasons for the surge among teens and pre-teens in recent years are many: Kids are gravitating towards the newer, flavored hard liquors the alcohol industry is producing. And “They’re not sipping—they’re gulping it down like soda,” says Schaefer. “The kids I see tell me they drink every weekend, at least four times a month. And they get drunk each time.” He considers alcohol to be the number one risk for teens and pre-teens when it comes to substance abuse. The Surgeon General calls it “The drug of choice for teens in America.';
It doesn't found fictional to me. sounds like my teens years actually.. sadly.


My mom cleaned me up in the middle night, cleaned my mattress and moved me to another bed. I was so hung over in the morning. My mom said ';Thanks for calling me to come get you, last night.'; and my dad said ';I bet you'll never drink again..';





Oh, if it were MY child.. I would cry hysterically. Throw one of my psycho fits where i yell babble and deny it all to myself. Straighten myself up and clean the mess.. put my child to bed and ground them indefinitely.
i would stay calm.


teach him/her a lesson and have him/her clean up themselves, the bed, carpet whatever!


i wouldnt fus and would have them suffer the hangover, if they need food/water/painkillers to get over the hangover they have to get it.





i wouldnt give them a full blown lecture, but would tell them that there is a reason there is age limits on drinking and that they feel like that because their young bodys cant handle it and they havent found/dont know their limits.





if you give them a big whoha about not drinking it will become more tempthing for them, all kids try it and most do go way over their limits, but if you go too mad they wont listen and if you mollycoddle them too much they will know that next time you will look after them, so it doesnt matter!
honestly..i hope i never find that to be the situation..BUT (guess i am shouting here, lol) if htat were to happen....i would be thankful he was okay and didnt choke and die fromhis puke and didnt die of alcohol poisening.....THEN, i would make HIM clean it up...have him take a cold shower..then we would be having a serious talk about why and what possibly made him do that...and be very detailed on how that was such a bad decision to make...i would also discuss with him and want to know how he got home..and what a bad decision it was to drink and drive or get in a car with someone who was drinking and driving.....i would then find a just punishment...
lol, i have a teenager, and a preteen...(and 2 toddlers).





he'd be in a WORLD of hurt, he'd be doing yardwork all day, hangover and all.


He'd be grounded for good while, and i'd make him attend a class about substance abuse. it's not the end of the world...but he needs to know how serious that is. I don't want my 13 y/o abusing alcohol!! I don't think i'd be so hard on him if he was say...17 or 18, he'd still be in trouble tough.





I'd also want the name of the friend that brought him home (since he's only 13 and doesn't have a car or a licence yet.)





I'd be making a phone call to that child's parents to notify them of what happened, and see if their kid was also hung over.
I would feel that this is a parenting problem. Where was the parent when this teenager came home drunk in first place? I wouldn't blame the teen..i would blame the parent.





But I guess stuff happens...and I would sit down and have a long talk with him/her. This is a serious issue that would need to be discussed. I think a big problem most parents have is that they would get mad. And punish them. I don't think this is the answer. Talk it out ! Why do they feel the need to drink? Who were they with??





Talk talk talk....thats the best answer.
well uhm be glad he is ohk first


did yu know he was out tho? cuz if yu did then yu cant rlly get mad at him cuz Yu are the ONE who let HIM go out in the first place anyways


now if yu didnt know he was out then yeah he should be in some trouble


i would ground him for a lil since he was drinking underage and all





btt hey we all do it at one point


something yu just gotta get used 2
Let him/her lie in it. When they woke up they could clean it up themselves, wash the bedding, etc. Then, hopefully still with a hangover, I'd ask them what the hell they were thinking and then take the punishment from there. Maybe do what some do with cigarettes. Make them sit there and smoke a whole pack one after another. I'd think of something creative.
Um if this was true ummm.. ew covered in pukkkeee!!! yucky! Anyway he should have just layed on his sideee dduuhh.


But I would so ground him from parties for a while , unless he is to old for that. Haha I would embaress him by making him watch video of bad ppl drinking and how they end up.
I'd wake them up, make sure they were ';okay';, make them get UP, clean UP, shower, and then they could sit down and explain why they did something so ridiculous, and then enjoy having no life, due to being grounded for ___ amount of time.
Be damned glad that they hadn't succumbed to alcohol poisoning.





Then have little sympathy for the hangover from hell they are experiencing as they clean themselves and the room up.





(then give them 6000 units of B-12 and at least a quart of water)
I would like to say that my child would never do that....but I am not naive either. I would kick my child's butt, then make him/her clean up their own puke cause I ain't cleaning it up and then I would make them a great greasy breakfast!
I'm a teen.. lol


but if I were the teen I would feel extremely grossed out and I would feel... embarrassed I guess. But as a normal teen I would try to act like I didnt care, when deep down inside I feel like a dumbass :) lol
well. at least he wasnt driving and at least it was in my house. i would be pissed off but i wouldnt act like it was the end of the world. teens so stupid stuff, they experiment. no need to fly off the handle
I would make them get up, tell them to clean themselves up, tell them good luck with their hangover and they were grounded for __ amount of weeks/months. i would be too livid to say anything without screaming.
Capitals are percieved a shouting. Anyway I would totally ground him or her. But for starters I would teach them not to drink in the first place.
bye them a 12 pack and make them drink it ONE MORE TIME.should have learned the first time.
The real question is how would my police officer husband feel?
Id tell them to clean themselves up and learn not to drink so much
Knowing me, I'd say ';Is that a new cologne?';.
i would be disgusted and make him/her clean it up

No comments:

Post a Comment